1. Answer the questions that the tagger set for in their post.
2. Create 11 questions for the people you tag to answer.
3. Tag 11 people and link them to your post.
4. Let them know you tagged them.
5. Include these rules and the person who tagged you in your post.
I'm altering the 3rd rule because unfortunately, I just don't know that many people yet to tag, and I'd rather not go to a stranger...
The Questions from Lauren:
1. How long have you been blogging? Do you remember why you started?
My very first blog post on Vivaciously, Vivian was on Feb. 10, so nearing a month! I'm such a baby still! However, I've been blogging on my personal blog for a couple of years now, even though it's a blog that hardly anyone ever treads upon, haha!
2. Choose one of your favorite books. Then, give it a new title and explain your choice.
Hard!! One of my favourite books would definitely be "Anne of Green Gables", and if I had to rename it...Lauren, this is HARD!! "Journey Through the Way of Delight"- I'm terrible, please forgive me!
3. What got you interested in books?
In my Chinese name (李曼书), that last character there is "shu", which literally translates as "book". So..it's in my name -smile- I hope that's a relevant answer O_O But, from a very, very young age, I have been around books. I don't quite remember where or how that all started.
4. Will you read eBooks? Why or why not.
No, I do not read them. Mainly because I am very near-sighted, and sitting in front of a computer or laptop would really hurt my eyes even more. I just really prefer books the good ol' fashioned way!
5. What is the farthest you have traveled to get a book?
Not very far, actually. Always in a city!
6. How would you describe yourself in one word?
Besides "vivacious"? "bubbly"!
7. If you couldn’t blog about books or writing what would your blog be about?
Music. The next closest thing for me would definitely be music. Maybe not in general, but maybe about my path and journey as a piano student and the many wonderful experiences that I'm fortunate to come across.
8. What is one thing most people wouldn’t know about you?
I'm actually quite sensitive about..a lot of things, especially in person. I notice a lot more than I let on. In a good way, most of the time, of course! Being attentive to many details...I guess I'm mostly too happy-bouncy-cheery a person to come across that way.
9. What genre do you avoid at all cost?
Science anything. I just can't relate to any of it.
10. Do you listen to music while you read? What kind?
Yes, I do sometimes! Although quietly, as I don't like to let it overpower my reading. It's usually slow ballads, but really it depends on the book!
11. Is it difficult for you to write a negative review?
Absolutely not! Haha, I have not posted my negative review on "The Summoning" yet, but if you have seen it, there'd be no doubt that I'm not afraid to state what I found wasn't so good about a book. Actually, "Ashes, Ashes" is a good example of a harsher review. I do it with respect to the author, though, and I always back up why I found it so negative with relevant evidence.
I have tagged...-drum roll!-
Darlene @ Leather Bound and Lovely
Giselle @ .Xpresso Reads
Mel @ Life of a bookwurm
Kate @ The Parchment Girl
Kristi @ The Book Faery
Gwynneth @ Today In Shenaya
Rosie @ Far Past Midnight
- If there is a book (or series) that you wish just had one more book written that follows the first, what would it be?
- Your favourite YA book cliche? What do you like about it? e.g. love triangles, vampires, etc.
- Do you remember your very first book review? Which book was it for?
- How many hours do you spend blogging/reading blog posts per day?
- Is there something for books that you absolutely do not tolerate? (for example, I don't tolerate excessive swearing)
- A book that you'd like to see made into a movie! Any actors/actresses you wish would play certain characters?
- What is one of your peculiar fears or a pet peeve?
- In some of your favourite authors, what do you admire the most in them?
- Your favourite ice-cream flavour is~?
- If you were to magically appear in a book and aid the protagonist along with his/her journey through the book, which book would it be?
- Would you see yourself blogging 5 years from now? 10?
Phew~! Thanks again to Lauren for my very first tag here, and looking forward to some answers all you good tagged people will come up with!